“Chewy, tasty and filling, this is a breakfast that you can make ahead and dive into when time is not on your side.”
(makes 4 generous servings)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 180g rough cut oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 60g Liberation Oven Baked Salted Cashews & Peanuts roughly chopped
- 60g unsweetened, shredded/flaked coconut
- 300g fresh or frozen mixed berries
- 1 egg (Omega 3-rich preferably), lightly whisked
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or runny honey
- 350mls cows, almond or oat milk
- Natural live/bio or Greek-style yoghurt to serve
Preheat the oven to 190C/375F/Gas Mark 5.
Put the oats, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, salt, nuts, coconut, berries and coconut oil (melt it quickly in a small pan first) in a large bowl and and stir gently until everything is thoroughly mixed.
Add the whisked egg, maple syrup or honey and milk and keep stirring until everything is well-combined.
Transfer to a baking dish, lightly smooth the surface and place in the middle of the oven and bake, uncovered for 30 minutes. If it is still slightly runny, give it another 5-10 minutes.
Allow to cool a little before serving with the yoghurt.
NB: It will keep in the fridge (covered) for a week so all you need do in the morning (or whenever!) is just take a good slice from the dish and heat it through in the oven or microwave before digging in. It is also delicious cold as a flapjack-style snack.